Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Coincidence ++ ; Who was SHE ?

Today at around 3:00 pm when i was standing near Needs, I dont know why but I got an intution that some one was staring at me. I looked around and i found a girl was staring at me. Hmm..that was quite unusual..because it never happend to me before. At first I thought, she might be looking at someone behind me but no..there was noone behind me. Wild fragments of thoughts started whirling around me. I thought if being a girl she can stare at me, why couldn't I ? So i also started looking at her. yeah..believe me i was staring at her. She was good looking but she looked familiar too. Have i seen her before ? I don't know because i was not able to recall. All of a sudden, she started moving towards me. Now that was horrifying. I thought probably she minded my staring at her and i was going to be kicked in the middle of the road. I turned my back to her. But what is it ? I heard a girl's voice,"Excuse me, are you Pankaj from KV Baileyroad Patna ?."
I was shocked. Who the hell is she ? I looked at her again. She again looked very familiar but i cud not recall who she was ? I tried hard to explore each and every parts of my memory cell to find a name to map the image of her face, but all in vain. She told, " Dekha hum doston ko nahin bhulate..pehchaan liya na tumhein..itne saalon ke baad bhi ?. You havent changed much."
"But you have change a lot ", I broke out , "You have changed so much that in the first sight no one can identify you ?".
"Well , yeah, you know i have operated my eye by laser and i got rid of specs but wait, are you trying to say that you couldnot recognise me ?", she yelled.
"hmm..no..i mean..yeah", came out of my mug. And that was the most embarassing moment for me. Now i begged sorry and told her that actually her face looked familiar to me but i couldnot recall her name. "Were you also from KV Baileroad ?", I asked. Now for a moment she got a bit annoyed but then she smiled and said, "Well .. You find out who i am and then ring me at this number. I am in hyderabad till this month. And even if you are not able to find out who i am till this week call me at this number i will re-introduce myself to a bhulakkar." She wrote her number in a piece of paper and gave that to me. "Aur haan ab call karna mat bhul jaana.", she iterated. After that she took an auto and left and i as a dumb fool couldnot utter anything.
Now the worst part was yet to come. While returning to institute i took a bus, kept the tickets in my pocket and in the mean time a storm was goin on in my brain to mine the name of that girl. By the time i reached mehdipatnam, i was totally frustrated and i thought i would simply call her at the weekends and ask her name. And thinking that i tore out and threw the tickets of the bus by which we came to mehdipatnam and i took an auto for tolichowki. Now there to give the autowala some change i put my hands in my pocket, i felt as if some Rupee is there in my pocket. I took that out. It was the ticket of the bus. But as far as i remembered i had torn out the ticket. Oh my god, I checked in my other pocket. It was actually the paper, in which she gave me her number, i had torn out by mistake. Now I dont know who she was and i dont have her number to inquire about her and i was such a dumb fool that i even didnt tell her my mobile number.
Now I just know that she was a girl from patna ( most probably as she knew me and my school too ) and she once used to wear specs ( which she confessed ). But who the hell was she ?

6 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger smr said...

interesting
enjoy :)

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger ramneek said...

too bad madhukar.
:rofl:

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

frustoo sale :))

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tera kuchh nahin ho sakata

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Guru said...

what a bad luck ! Kismat khulte-khulte rah gayee !

But dont worry , u will meet her again , 'world is round' and 'hyderabad is not a big place to search for'.

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Yours Truly said...

Hey try to locate her in batchmates.com. You will definitely find her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home